Tomorrow night on ITV1 sees the X Factor go all Guilty Pleasures-tastic as we are the theme of the show if you please!
So to get us all in the mood, let’s see what the contestants’ Guilty Pleasures are ahead of tomorrow night’s bombastic show. These aren’t the songs they’ll be singing, but their own personal favourites. The questions that were put to them were as follows:
1. What is your favourite musical Guilty Pleasure?
2. When do you listen to it and why?
3. How does it make you feel?
And this is what they said…
Teen dream – It’s One Direction!
2. At home, messing around
3. It makes me feel good!
1. Five – Keep On Movin’
2. In my car, driving anywhere! (GP ed – They’re old enough to drive? Who knew!)
3. Makes me feel incredible!
1. The Grease soundtrack
2. It reminds me of my school play, really good memories. (Gp ed – of last week)
3. Really good.
1. Oliver soundtrack
2. I played Oliver in a school play and I still really love the music
3. Makes me feel like I’m a kid again (G ed – Er, Oliver, you kind of ARE)
Simon’s sirens – it’s Belle Amie (that’s FRENCH you know)
1. Anything Disney
2. When I’m with my little brother baby-sitting him. I secretly adore Disney!
1. Savage Garden
2. In the car full blast so no one else can hear me screaming my head off singing along!
3. Like a geek and I love it
1. Britney Spears – Lucky
2. In my bedroom, I pretend I’m her! (Gp ed – not the only one Esther, not the only one)
3. Makes me laugh cos it’s funny
2. Driving and when I’m hungover (GP ed – hope you’re not combining the two. Safety first Rebecca!)
3. Happy and sober
She used to work in Tesco’s now she’s on the telly, it’s Mary!
1. Dr Hook (A band in the 80s) (GP ed -Er, or the 70s, but go on)
2. I listen to it at home, I love singing along to it where no one can hear me
3. It makes me feel good inside, they’re funny and lovely songs
Cher – she rapped her answers you know
1. Let’s Hear It For The Boys! (GP ed – or the “boy”, your choice)
2. All the time at home with my mum, it’s our favourite song
3. Really really good as it’s a good connection with my mum
Rebecca – cheer up you’re on the telly!
1. Stevie Niks – Edge Of Reason (GP ed – think you mean Edge of Seventeen, or is it Bridget Jones…?)
2. Around the house, when I’m bored
Not your conventional speller, it’s Treyc!
1. The Nolan Sisters – I have to have (GP ed – we’ve never heard of this song. Ever)
2. When it comes on when I’m out dancing! (GP ed – where? It doesn’t exist!)
3. Happy as I sing it to my boyfriend cos he’s a great dancer
Doesn’t quite get the concept, but never mind, she’s “different” after all, it’s Katie!
1. 1930′s music, especially Louis Jordan – Symphony of 5 (GP ed – er, ok)
2. I listen to it all the time as it makes me feel good, I dance around to it a lot
3. It reminds me of my grandad so really good
Matt Cardale – where’s the hat at?
1. Katy Perry – Teenage Dream
2. Every now and then, it’s just a great song!
Swoon-a-rama girls – It’s Aiden!
1. Wham – Club Tropicana
2. Whenever I’m driving
3. Makes me feel cheesy and happy to be cheesy!
He likes a jazzy jacket – it’s Paije!
1. Salt N’ Pepa – Push It
2. It gets me in the mood for a party!
We’re still waiting on John and Wagner the latter of which we are most excited about more than ANYTHING, but when we have it, so will thee.
Don’t forget to tune in to the show tomorrow night (Saturday) and then after the fun, flip over to ITV2 and the Xtra Factor where our very own Sean Rowley will be critiquing their performances. He’s the new Cowell. WATCH OUT.